Monday, April 9, 2012

Old Friends

A Monday morning greets me with rain pitter-patting on my window. I'm almost certain my curtain is somewhat wet because I left my window open. A Student Life camp commences in a few hours and I am oh-so-excited for it! It's mind-blowing realising that it has been a year since the same camp last year and so much has changed. I have a new haircut, a new favourite band (although I don't precisely remember what I listened to this time last year, but my sleep-music is still the same) and a new favourite piece of clothing. A new favourite Bible verse and a new favourite novel. 


As I carelessly checked my FaceBook this morning, I was launched into a whirlpool of connections made back in primary school- approximately 8-10 years ago. Friendships made from Grade 4 to 6. I spent a good two hours just being on the page made especially for the graduates for my year catching up on where everyone is and really for many, who everyone was too. In my defence, my primary school had 9 classes of 40-odd students! 


Talks of reunions were made and sadly, I don't think I am able to make it. But this whole thing left me looking through old photos and reminiscing of old primary school days where we would sneakily play 'Big Two' and UNO when the teachers weren't looking because we were too scared of getting the cards confiscated; the days where I spent all my pocket money on books and pens at the bookshop because I wanted to draw in them and I simply needed new equipments, or the new die eraser would be helpful for the next test in helping me guess the multiple choice questions. 


I wonder if it is because I was a simpler person then, with lesser worries and lesser thoughts which is why I hold such fond memories of primary school in comparison to reality today. Probably. Eight years have shaped me into becoming someone totally different but absolutely identical to the the Grade 4 me. I am still hopeless at Math and Science, still think I am great at drawing but find out I am not when I put it all on paper, and still really like to talk. And these things really put a smile on my face. 


It is a good morning.
A very joyful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment