Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Burdened Lightly

Weak and wounded sinner,
Lost and left to die,
Raise your head,
For love is passing by.


&;


I cannot breathe, I cannot smile.
I cannot move for that short while.
My heart, it bears a burdened weight.
Squeezes tears from my eyes with hate.


I fall to the ground, helpless and weak,
Suddenly the world seems o' so bleak.
So bleak that anything could make me break.
Feeling so lost I wish it all to be fake.


But amidst my sorrows and my pain in life,
I know my God carries me through strife.
That though the storms are here to stay,
He shelters me with love in every way.


So thank You Lord for easing my mind,
That You've helped me see, though I am blind.
Thank You Lord for the strength to live,
That the one thing I need to do is believe.


- Elizabeth Loke (2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment