Friday, April 27, 2012

Old Annie

Relos are over from Malaysia and it's great having a bit of laughter and extra-loud voices in the house. Makes writing an essay difficult but it's okay, I'd rather this than that anyway.


Something totally unrelated, I'm probably watching Annie the Musical (alone if I must) and purchased the DVD from JB Hi-Fi this arvo for $6! Just finished watching it and I just remembered how good it was! It's my first time watching the original and even though I watched the remake a very long time ago, the smile on Aileen Quinn's face just lights up the world and makes it inevitable to smile along with her!


I also totally forgot how amazing the lyrics to the songs were in the musical! Even the hit soundtrack, "Tomorrow" is such an encouragement and almost drives me to deal with each day. I have a feeling it's going to be my anthem for the coming days prior to exams/assignments. I realised too that "Tomorrow" really overcasts all the other great pieces in the musical, like "Maybe" and "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here". 


I like old movies. It's simpler, less plot development which is not a bad thing. But it's conclusive. And sometimes, simplicity is all we need to have that satisfaction fulfilled. Ann Reiking as Grace Farrell is AMAZING. Beautiful voice and graceful dancing- I don't mean to be a pain of a 21st century culture, but why can't actors and actresses today tap-dance and sing along. Multi-tasking at its best.


p.s. Watched The Avengers. Will probably watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment