Saturday, June 30, 2012

Come Home

I'm still reading LOTR 1 and have finally finished reading Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller about a week or so ago. As of three days ago, I am embarking on an A.W. Tozer Journey Part 2 with That Incredible Christian


Sometimes, when I stumble across a song with great lyrics, I like to post it up here and highlight the bits I fell in love with. But the song below, I couldn't cut out any part. Each verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge just sank in my heart and echoed in my mind.







"So you've been running,
Searching for something,
But you're looking in a place you don't belong.
It's never too late,
You can't outrun grace.
No, mercy doesn't care what you've done.
So come home   oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

You can try to fix your broken empire,
And put bricks on a cracked foundation,
But you'd be building castles on the sand.
There's power in the blood of Jesus,
Your Father's screaming just COME HOME,
He's reaching out His hands."

So, enjoy this as much as I did and am at the moment. 
Come home to the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment