Saturday, May 12, 2012

Book Issue

To keep you up to date with the books that are going through my life right now, I finished More Than A Carpenter by Josh and Sean McDowell about a week ago and The Monkey Mask by Dorothy Porter yesterday. Having insufficient time, I am still going through Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf but I promise I will finish it soon; I'm a third way there. I started reading A.W.Tozer's The Pursuit of God two days ago and am already inspired by it as I finished the first chapter yesterday morning. 


To take advantage of BookDep's last few days of an extra 10% off, I got my hands on five more books (it's a problem, I know):
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky 
- For Whom The Bells Toll by Ernest Hemingway
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- The Best Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe 


I think when I finish Tozer's book, I'll start reading Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller and I'll launch into The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger after Woolf. 


Mid-year readings will include:
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien 
- Ulysses by James Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment